Sunday 20 April 2008

A couple of challenges so far today-I've been too busy trying out my new stamp making kit. The first stamp was ok-ish, I should have made the image smaller, or used a larger gel pack, but it was fun to watch it develop-I'll report back when I've made a more usable one!


The first one is for Cute Card Thursday-the theme this week was Men and boys, I had these beetles in a swap recently so thought they fitted the bill-sorry about the awful photo, its been so grey here


The second was way out of my comfort zone, I bough alchol inks from Jennie at the Artist Stamper at the Make it show in January-and this is the first time I've used them. The theme on her blog challenge is Architecture- this stamp reminds me of the Islamic architecture I based alot of my City and Guilds embroidery coursework on years ago-so I hope it counts for the challenge. It was a freebie stamp with a magazine years ago, I don't know why I don't use it more, its so versatile for cutting up and using sections, or layering like I've done here. Shame you can't really see the Dewdrops on the photo they add a lovely sparkle




7 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow wonderful cards. Love the beetle. So brilliant work.

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Thank you for joining in the challenge :)
Jennie

Jacqueline van der Sar - Crejakaarten said...

Both cards look great. I am coming by trough the CCT, that card looks really great, love the lay-out and the repeat of the car!!

tillymint said...

Wonderful cards! I love the different coloured cars on the first one :)

Andrea, said...

2 fabulous cards, I love the Beetles.
Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

Deb said...

Fabulous cards, love the beetle cars!
thank you for joining in the CCT challenge

Richelle said...

Cute card...love the beetle stamped images.
Richelle